AidLink is a secure online account that gives you 24-hour access to your SDSU financial aid records and your SDSU scholarship application(s).
Your responsibility to check AidLink and email
Important: SDSU's Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will send communication to you in 2 ways only:
- Via email
We use the email address you have on record through your SDSU WebPortal account.
- Via AidLink
AidLink messages will give you information specific to your application and instructions about additional information you are required to provide for us to determine your financial aid award. (Even if you have not received a recent email message from us, it's a good idea to check your AidLink account regularly.)
Don't wait in line; check online. Please check the website and your AidLink account before contacting us with a question.
An AidLink account is automatic once you apply
- Financial aid application: We create your AidLink account automatically once we electronically receive the information you enter on your FAFSA when you apply online for financial aid. Usually, your AidLink acount will be available within 7 to 10 days after you apply. (Problems? No AidLink account?)
- SDSU scholarship application: If you do not already have an AidLink account created by completing your FAFSA, we will create an account for you when you apply for an SDSU scholarship online. Your AidLink account is available immediately after you submit at least one SDSU scholarship application online. You may access your AidLink account at any time to monitor your scholarship application status and awards.
How do I use AidLink?
If you haven't used AidLink before, watch this brief video tutorial, How to Use AidLink.
Here are some of the ways you will use AidLink.
- View your financial aid and scholarship information, instructions, and status.
- Read your messages for instructions and actions you must take to be awarded or receive your funds.
- Complete and submit some documents online.
- Download and print documents that you need to sign and submit to us.
- View and print your financial aid and scholarship awards.
- Activate (request) your student loans.
How do I log in?
It's easy! Log in using your SDSU identification number (Red ID) and university password. (This is the same password you use to access the SDSU WebPortal to check your admission status, register for classes, check your grades, and more.)
- If you just changed your WebPortal password, allow two hours for system updates before trying to log in to your AidLink account.
Problems? No AidLink account?
If the social security number you used on your FAFSA does not match the number you used (if any) on your application for admission to the university, we will not be able to display your FAFSA record on Aidlink, nor will we know when you have been admitted to the university. If this describes your situation, please contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships for instruction.