Women’s Resource Area
The Women’s Resource Area is a place where women assist women in addressing life’s hurdles to provide referrals to community services and to develop new life skill sets. By offering education and support to all, we aim to help create a campus that actively values its members and works towards cultivating a safe, equitable, and just environment for everyone.
The goals of the Women's Resource Area are to:
- Foster the development of a community that understands and supports the diversity of women’s experiences on and off campus
- Create a gender conscious campus climate that actively embraces all forms of diversity.
- Provide a safe space for the SDSU community members to uncover, rediscover, and reclaim their individual selves and community
- Create a space where organizations concerned with social justice can communicate and collaborate around issues of significance to SDSU’s women community
Women’s Resource Area services:
- Developmental Workshops
- Women’s Resource Library
- Women’s Empowerment Series
- Referrals to Health Services
- Academic Support Services
- Support Groups