A Healthier Community
The Department of Health Promotion DHP collaborates with and reaches out to students, the SDSU community, and the larger community to promote healthy behaviors and lifestyle.
Link to information about:
Calendar: Healthier SDSU
Campus partner resources
The Department of Health Promotion's goal is to create partnerships with all
of the departments on the SDSU campus. By working together, we can promote healthier behaviors. Current partnerships include:
- Aztecs for Awareness: A student organization that fights against rape culture and works to create a campus environment that's proactive about sexual assault and violence prevention.
- Live Well Aztecs: A collaborative effort of campus departments working to coordinate programs and services to support healthy, balanced lifestyles at SDSU.
- Students for Healthy Living (S4HL): The goal of S4HL is to promote wellness as a lifestyle and emphasize the importance of social, mental, and physical aspects of health for all students. In conjunction with Health Promotion, S4H is responsible for planning and organizing the annual SDSU Health Expo.
The Department of Health Promotion also collaborates with the off-campus community to provide healthier options for all SDSU students:
- Planned Parenthood: The Pacific Southwest region website, offering a variety of health info and services for students, parents, and others.
- RADD: RADD advocates the use of designated drivers, seatbelts, and safe driving through control behind the wheel.
- San Diego County.gov: The official website of San Diego county government with links to a variety of services, emergency planning and response, and more.
- UC San Diego Student Health & Well-Being: UCSD's student well-being cluster, including disability services, health, personal safety, and wellness resources.
- University of San Diego Center for Health and Wellness Promotion: Provides the USD community with a comprehensive array of health and wellness promotion initiatives and clinical alcohol and other drug services.