If eligible, financial aid to attend SDSU summer session classes may:
- be remaining eligibility from the current academic year (if any)
- be an advance of your eligibility from the upcoming academic year (means less available later)
- not be from both academic years
Financial aid to attend summer classes is limited and may include estimated student loan. To help you pay the total cost, you may need to borrow a student loan.
Extended studies / study abroad
Contact a financial aid
counselor NOW if you plan to enroll only through the College of Extended
Studies or if you plan to study abroad.
Mandatory summer counseling session
To find out if you may be eligible for summer financial aid (which includes student loans), you must complete an online summer counseling session and enroll at least half time.
The summer counseling session is available through AidLink beginning in mid-February for students who meet the summer eligibility requirements.
To access online summer counseling, log in to your AidLink account, select the "Summer 2017" tab, and follow the directions. By completing the 15-minute online summer counseling session:
- You will be eligible to postpone paying your summer tuition and fees until July
- Beginning late-May, and after you enroll at least half time, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships will review your eligibility and notify you of your summer financial aid award, if any.
Caution: Completing the summer counseling session postpones the payment of your summer tuition fees and informs you about the possibility of receiving financial aid to attend summer classes. It does not mean that you will be eligible to receive summer financial aid or, if awarded, that the aid will be enough to pay your total summer cost.