SDSU Career Services offers many workshops designed to help you explore potential career
paths, enhance your skills, and prepare you for success in your job search and career development process.
Explore the wide variety of workshop options for SDSU students and alumni:
- Applying for Federal Jobs - Learn how to navigate and apply for jobs with the federal government. (1.5 hours)
- Career Fair Success - Learn the Dos and Don'ts when attending a Career Fair. (1 hour)
- CareerLink: Passport to Student Success - Start your SDSU experience here!
- Connecting to Career Services - Optimize your success by learning about services and resources available to you through SDSU Career Services. (1 hour)
- Diversity in the Workplace - Increase your awareness of workplace diversity from various perspectives. (2 hours)
- Federal Resumé Writing - Learn how to write specialized resumes for federal government positions. (1 hour)
- Graduate & Professional School Day - Meet with faculty and admission officers from various disciplines and schools to learn about requirements and prepare to apply for these programs.
- Internships 101: Jump Start Your Success - Get an internship! Learn what internships are, why you need to do one, and connect to an employer panel that hires interns. (1 hour)
- Internships 201: All You Need to Know to Be a Successful Intern - Move from "showing up" to "shining" as an intern! Interact with a panel of professionals to learn current best practices. (1 hour)
- Internships 301: Internships and Beyond, Your Next Steps to Success - Looking forward to the end of your internship. Learn how to close the experience and pursue other experiences that lead to success. (1 hour)
- Interview with Confidence - Ace the interview and land a job! Learn effective strategies and develop strong interviewing skills. (1 hour)
- Job Search for the Federal Government - Learn how to apply for jobs with the federal government.
- Job Search Success - Learn effective strategies for navigating the job market. (1 hour)
- Legal Rights and Wrongs of Social Media
- Out, Proud, and Professional - Learn about LGBTQ professionals' experiences, challenges, and opportunities in the workplace. (1.5 hours; workshop takes place in the Pride Center)
- Personal Branding Using Social Media - Create and manage your personal brand with effective tips from employers. (1 hour)
- Planning for Graduate School - Learn tips and information to apply for graduate school. (1 hour)
- Professional Etiquette - Learn to professionalize your network experience
- Resumania - Prepare for the Career Fair by having your resumé critiqued by employers and Career Services professionals. (2 hours)
- Rock Your Resumé - Stand out among the rest, by making your resumé the best. (1 hour)
- Salary Negotiation 102 - Learn how to negotiate a salary from employers and SDSU alumni. (1.5 hours)
- Technical STEM Interviews - How to ace your technical interview. (1.5 hours)
- Technical STEM Resumé Workshop - When one size does not fit all: Writing a specialized resumé. (1.5 hours)
- Veterans in the Workforce - Network with veterans who have successfully transitioned into the civilian workforce. (1.5 hours)