Internship Position Description Template
SDSU Internship Definition & Characteristics Matrix
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Paid vs. Unpaid Internships
Service Learning Agreement (SLA) Master List
Internship Information for Faculty and Staff
Fall 2016 Campus Internship Review Report & Internship Tracking Data Review
Alumni Engagement- Aztec Mentor Program and AHA!
Internship Program Best Practices- Risk Management Review of Interns Driving and SDSU's Release Wavier
Service Learning Agreement Process Update
Beginning September 2016 the University procedure for processing Service Learning Agreements will become fully electronic.
Online SLA Process & AdobeSign Training with Heather LaPerle, Career Services
how to use AdobeSign to complete the Service Learning Agreement (SLA)
process fully online.
To set up training, email Heather LaPerle at email@example.com
Service Learning Agreement Resources
Per Executive Order
1064, Service Learning Agreements (SLA) are required for all
organizations at which a student is completing an internship for
academic credit. Please note that for all UNPAID internships
students MUST enrolled in an internship course and the organization MUST
have an approved SLA on file with SDSU. Here are resources to help you
with the Service Learning Agreement process:
- SDSU completes SLAs electonically using AdobeSign, which is a web-based electronic signitures and document management system. To request an account, visit the ETS HelpDesk website.
- Use the AdobeSign: How-to Guide for Online Service Learning Agreement (SLA)
Process. Use the How to Use AdobeSign Guide for other ways to use AdobeSign and tips like setting up Google filters
- Visit the Contracts & Procurement Service Learning Agreement website to access the SLA Master List
- Contact the Campus Internship Coordinator Heather LaPerle, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is an internship?
An internship formally integrates a student’s academic study with practical experience in a cooperating organization.
It is an off-campus activity designed to serve educational purposes by offering experience in a service learning, business, nonprofit, or government setting.
Internships provide a high-impact experience that help students to
develop professionalism and learn to apply their knowledge as they
transition successfully into the workplace.
San Diego State University recognizes the National Associations of
Colleges and Employers (NACE) definition of an internship, which is
available along with the characteristics of an internship (paid, paid
for credit or unpaid for credit) by viewing the Internship Definition & Characteristics Matrix (PDF)
How do I recommend internships, jobs, and other programs to my students?
Via Aztec Career Connection. If you don't yet have an account, follow these steps:
- Send an email with your first and last names, email address, and Red ID to Campus Internship Coordinator Heather LaPerle, email@example.com. You will receive an email back, letting you know how to set up your password and access your account.
- Once your account is active, follow the directions in How to Use An Aztec Career Connection Faculty Account (PDF; download Adobe Acrobat Reader, if needed).
How do I post an internship?
For answers to these frequently asked questions, link to the Employers section of Internship Central.
- How do I post an unpaid internship?
- How do I post a paid internship?
- What legal issues must be considered regarding internships?