SDSU Career Services is committed to supporting the career development of the diverse student and alumni populations that make up the Aztec Community.
Support for diverse student groups
Learn about our efforts to support:
We actively empower the career development of diverse future leaders for our regional, national, and global communities who will come from San Diego State University.
In working with these student populations, we strongly encourage participation in campus experiences and organizations that support and advance career development — especially through transformational experiences such as:
Career Services collaborates with campus colleges, programs, and representatives to prepare diverse student communities seeking professional opportunities and experiences. Students are encouraged to participate in a variety of career preparation opportunities:
- Attend Career Services workshops to learn the value of a resumé, networking, job search strategies, interviewing, informational interviews, and more
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Services counselor to review your career interests, obtain assessment referrals, discuss choice or change of major. . . or visit us during walk-in hours
- Collaborate with SDSU Career Services to design a workshop specifically tailored to your professional and organizational interests
- Meet and greet diverse employers and alumni during a college-specific event or program to learn of industry, employer needs and skill requirements
- Participate in the Aztec Mentor Program as a junior, senior or graduate student to learn, meet and network with professionals in your area of career interest
Career Services diversity partnerships
Career Services partners with various organizations to support our diverse student communities: