About the SafeZones@SDSU Ally Training
Offered Free Every Semester!
2014-2015 Training Dates:
The mission of the Certified Ally Training
Program is to inform participants how to provide an accepting and supportive
environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, intersex, and
questioning students, faculty, staff and their allies. The program teaches you
about LGBTQIA issues, support referrals and how to improve our campus climate.
Safe Zones Manual
Read this before you attend a training.
Download the manual (.pdf--To view pdf files you may need to download Adobe Reader.)
The program objectives are
- to train a network of empathetic allies
- to make this network visible and accessible by
posting stickers on doors and pins on backpacks and other appropriate locations
to end discrimination and bias against LGBTQIA
campus community members
- to assist LGBTQIA students in their social,
personal, and academic development.
Trained allies are
- display their ally stickers and pins in
- provide information, referrals and support to
LGBTQIA members of the campus community
- refrain from promoting any religious or
theoretical perspectives that consider LGBTQIA life and people anything other
than a natural part of the continuum of human sexuality.