Option I: Curriculum Development - Emphasis Critical Pedagogy: Literacy & Social Justice
For individuals interested in applying the concepts of critical theory in their work in curriculum change, school reform, or student, parent and community advocacy. Students who choose this option take all 30 units in Policy Studies. Learn more about Option I.
Option II: Curriculum Development and Emphasis
For individuals interested in the principles of our program and in further development of specific subject competencies in other discipline areas (i.e., Reading, Educational Leadership, Spanish, Math, Linguistics, International Program in Mexico, etc). Learn more about Option II.
Faculty Involved and Their Research
In the area of research, department faculty are involved in projects, grants, contracts with an action research approach that integrates theory and application in their work in the fields of:
- bilingual/multicultural education--teacher education,
- public equity and school achievement,
- parent empowerment,
- literacy in the first and second language,
- cross-cultural education,
- organizational effectiveness,
- language policy and assessment,
- action research, and
- career ladder professional development.
To learn more about our faculty, please visit our Faculty and Staff page.