Financial Aid and Scholarships
The following scholarship committees are looking for your application right now!
- The Marjorie Rose Warren Scholarship
The Marjorie Rose Warren Scholarship supports students at San Diego State University working towards their teaching credentials with plans to become public school teachers. The scholarship was established in honor of dedicated public school teacher Marjorie Rose Warren by her daughter and son-in-law, Betsey and Vincent Biondo.
The Marjorie Rose Warren Scholarship is open to:
- San Diego County residents
- Current San Diego State University (SDSU) students pursuing a career as a K-12 public school teacher
- Currently pursuing their teaching credential and/or student teaching at a public school
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Have a demonstrated financial need
- United States citizens, permanent residents or undocumented students
This scholarship may be used for tuition, books, fees, room & board and educational supplies. Download information and application (PDF)
- California Retired Teachers Association (CalRTA)
Area XI, pision 69, East County (San Diego) is accepting applications from future teachers. $1,500 scholarships available! Juniors, Seniors and Credential Candidates are encouraged to apply. Download the application form and informational flier today (PDF).
Search for additional scholarship opportunities through The San Diego Foundation at http://www.sdfoundation.com/GrantsScholarships/Scholarships/ForStudents.aspx
Other Scholarships Available
This is not a complete listing of available aid options. We are fortunate to have many scholarship options for our students.
For a complete list of College of Education scholarships, visit http://www.sa.sdsu.edu/scholarship/index.html
Applying for scholarships is as easy as 1 - 2- 3!
- SEARCH for SDSU scholarships by selecting your major/credential and/or "All Majors" from the drop-down menu.
- SELECT scholarships for which you meet the eligibility requirements (listed in the description of each scholarship).
- APPLY by submitting a separate online application and essay for each scholarship.
Questions? Contact us in the College of Education - Office of Student Services at (619) 594-6320.