Application Process for Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Only
Applicants for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential must:
- be nominated by your district (visit this page for more information)
- possess a Master’s degree from an accredited university
- have taken the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- have been employed full time for three years in a position that requires a teaching credential or a credential in pupil personnel services, school librarian services, speech language pathology services, or school nurse services
All of the following items must be submitted as part of the application process:
- Online application to SDSU through CSU Mentor
- Official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from all U.S. postsecondary institutions attended.
Please do not send transcripts before submitting the CSUMentor application as this may result in processing delays.
Students who attended SDSU need only submit transcripts for work completed since last attendance.
Transcripts should be sent to:
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
In addition to the SDSU application through CSU Mentor, you must submit an on-line application to the Department of Educational Leadership which includes:
- EDL Online Application Form, which includes the following (Available October 1, 2012):
- Statement of Leadership Philosophy (1-2 pages addressing your beliefs and values about leadership, curriculum and instruction, students, teachers, parents and other stakeholders)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation that speak to your qualifications for leadership and ability to pursue graduate level work
The first class, EDL 680, will act as an Orientation to the program. This will be conducted as a hybrid class with three mandatory on-site meeting dates:
- August 20, 2013 - 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (location TBA)
- August 21, 2013 - 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. (location TBA)
- August 24, 2013 - 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (location TBA)