Application Process for Master of Arts
Applicants for the Master of Arts degree must:
- Meet the minimum CSU eligibility requirements and SDSU requirements listed in the Graduate Bulletin (including GRE)
- Have taken the California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST)
- Have been employed full time for three years in a position that requires a teaching credential or a credential in pupil personnel services, school librarian services, speech language pathology services, or school nurse services.
- Have GRE Scores (Waived for those who hold a master’s from an accredited university. Check with Graduate Division.)
- Complete CSUMentor Application (see instructions below)
- Complete Supplementary Program Application (see instructions below)
All of the following items must be submitted as part of the application process:
- Online application to SDSU through CSU Mentor
- Make the following selections:
- Major/Program Objective: Education: Educ Leadership (PreK-12)(MA)
- What is your degree objective (select Other, then type): MA
- Then continue with application
- Official transcripts (in sealed envelopes) from all U.S. postsecondary institutions attended.
- GRE Scores
Do not send transcripts before submitting CSUMentor application as this may result in processing delays.
Students who attended SDSU need only submit transcripts for work completed since last attendance.
Transcripts should be sent to:
San Diego State University
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
Supplementary Program Application
EDL Supplementary Program Application, asks you to complete the following (Available October 1, 2013):
- Employment Information
- Statement of Leadership Philosophy (1-2 pages addressing your beliefs and values about leadership, curriculum and instruction, students, teachers, parents and other stakeholders)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation that speak to your qualifications for leadership and ability to pursue graduate level work
- Teaching and Leadership Background (IMPORTANT: include leadership activities such as department chair, leadership team member, etc.)