Welcome to the Department of Educational Leadership in the College of Education at San Diego State University
The Mission of the Educational Leadership Department is to prepare future school leaders who desire to make a powerful difference in the lives of students. The EDL Department is committed to developing the skills and dispositions of future leaders who want to:
- Learn how to respond to emerging challenges and opportunities facing schools,
- Lead and nurture the capacity of others toward a vision of excellence for all demographic groups of students, and
- Transform schools into dynamic learning communities that focus on results.
The Department of Educational Leadership offers:
- A Masters/Credential program leading to the California Preliminary Administrative Services credential.
- A Doctoral (Ed.D.) program in Educational Leadership with a concentration in PK-12 Leadership.
Both of these programs prepare leaders for the complex challenges facing schools and organizations, accommodate the schedules of working professionals, and provide the opportunity to learn within a collaborative learning environment
Patti Chance, Ph.D., Chair
Department of Educational Leadership
San Diego State University