Welcome to the Department
of Educational Leadership
The Mission of the Educational Leadership Department is to prepare future school leaders who desire to make a powerful difference in the lives of students. The EDL Department is committed to developing the skills and dispositions of future leaders who want to:
- Learn how to respond to emerging challenges and opportunities facing schools,
- Lead and nurture the capacity of others toward a vision of excellence for all demographic groups of students, and
- Transform schools into dynamic learning communities that focus on results.
The Department of Educational Leadership offers:
- A Masters/Credential program leading to the California Preliminary Administrative Services credential.
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership with a Focus on Technology online program.
- Master of Arts in Educational Leadership for Teacher Leaders in the PR of China.
- A Doctoral (Ed.D.) program in Educational Leadership with a concentration in PK-12 Leadership.
These programs prepare leaders for the complex challenges facing schools and organizations, accommodate the schedules of working professionals, and provide the opportunity to learn within a collaborative learning environment
Doug Fisher, Ph.D., Chair
Department of Educational Leadership
San Diego State University