Online Program Application
for SDSU Graduate Programs
Multicultural Community Counseling (Community Based Block) (M.S.)
Fall 2016 Applications
|Item Due||Due Date|
|CSU Mentor application due||12/15/15|
|Decision Desk |
|Transcripts and GRE scores due||1/12/16|
How to apply:
- CSUMentor: Complete the CSU Mentor application at www.csumentor.edu
- GRE Exam & Transcripts: Take the GRE exam and request official transcript(s) to be sent to SDSU Graduate Admissions:
SDSU - Enrollment Services
5500 Campanile Dr.
San Diego, CA 92182-7416
- Program Application: Complete the Online Program Application for SDSU Graduate Programs using Decision Desk
Items requested in program application:
Please gather the items below and have them ready to upload to Decision Desk:
- Personal Statement: Write a personal statement based on the following prompt:
Please supply the Community-Based Block Admissions Committee with a written picture of yourself. Remember that the criteria for the selection of CBB students include not only the University's criteria for acceptance into graduate study (i.e. GPA and GRE), but additional criteria as well. Each year, a richly diverse group of candidates apply to the program. The CBB Admissions Committee reviews these applications, and then selects students who can learn together and contribute to each other's learning.
What is there is your life experience and background that will make it possible for you to be an effective multicultural counselor (a person who can be therapeutic to others) and social justice change agent and to make some unique contribution to the CBB community?
Hint: do not make this statement a narrative of your resume. There is no minimum or maximum length; however the statement should capture who you are in a concise manner.
- Experience Profile: Complete your experience profile using the Experience Profile Template (Word Document).
- Unofficial Transcripts: Download unofficial transcripts (or scan a paper transcript) for every institution, 1 file per institution, and be prepared to upload to the online program application. This is in addition to, not a substitution for, having official transcripts sent to SDSU Graduate Admissions office.
- Letters of Recommendation: Contact three individuals who you have interacted with both personally and professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. Please request that they write their letter and have it ready for when the system is available since they will be needed quickly. Recommenders will submit their letters directly into the Online Program Application.
If you have questions about the application process or program itself, contact email@example.com or visit the CBB Homepage.