Skip To Content

College of Education

College of Education

Admissions Requirements and How to Apply

Bilingual Added Authorization

How to Apply

  1. Cal State Apply University Application: Complete the University application at

    Are you having trouble with the Cal State Apply application?  If so email right away for assistance.

  2. Request official transcript(s): Request official transcript(s) to be sent to SDSU Graduate Admissions:

    Graduate Admissions
    SDSU - Enrollment Services
    5500 Campanile Dr.
    San Diego, CA 92182-7416

    Electronic Transcript Formats
    SDSU accepts electronic transcripts in PDF or EDI format.  

    Transcripts must be sent by the Institution
    When requesting an electronic transcript you can choose San Diego State University on the selection menu or have them sent to:  SDSU will not accept transcripts emailed from students.

Other Items Requested by Department

A Program application is not available for this program.  Instead, the following items need to be submitted to the Dual Language (DLE) department in EBA 248:

  1. Teaching Background Form: Complete the Teaching Background Form.

  2. Statement of Purpose: Write a Statement of Purpose based on this prompt:

    What are your professional goals, and how do you expect this graduate program to help you meet those goals?

    Your essay should be two pages maximum, using a size 12 font.

  3. Letter of Recommendation: Contact one individual who you have interacted with professionally and would be able to write a letter of recommendation for you. 

  4. Printout of Credential: Please print out your current valid credential from the CCTC web site.  Please be sure this printout includes the document number of your credential.


If you have questions about the application process or program itself, contact the Dual Language Department at 

Important Dates for Fall 2018 Admissions

Item DueDue Date
Cal State Apply application
(opens October 1, 2017)
March 1, 2018
Transcripts due
April 1, 2018
College of Education Office of Student Services